Chandos Lawn Tennis Club, Data protection, privacy and personal data usage policy
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and UK data protection laws, the controller is Chandos Lawn Tennis Club (the “Venue”), a Lawn Tennis Association (LTA) affiliated club.
About this policy
How we collect your information
We may collect your personal data in a few limited ways, namely:
- Directly from you, when you fill in an application for membership, when you make enquiries on our website or via email, or when you interact with us during your time as a member in various other ways (e.g. where you enter a competition, renew your membership, sign up for a course or lessons);
- From someone else who has applied for membership on your behalf (e.g. a family member or your tennis coach who has provided us with your contact details for that purpose);
- From the LTA (e.g. where the LTA passes on your details to us in connection with a complaint or query you have raised about our Venue).
The types of information we collect
As a member of Chandos Lawn Tennis Club (CLTC), we may collect certain information about you, which will include; your name, date of birth, gender, email address, address, telephone number(s), and names of the Lawn Tennis Association (LTA) affiliated clubs that you are a member of and details of any coaching or officiating licenses you hold (LTA Data).
How we use personal data
Personal data provided to us may be used for the purposes set out below:
Membership and club management
- Processing of membership forms and payments
- Processing Wimbledon LTA Ballot entries (your details are only shared with the LTA if you are successful in obtaining tickets through the club ballot)
- Share data with committee members to provide information about club activities, membership renewals
- Publishing of league and tournament results
- Electronic club records (all members) and website management (committee and members contributing to club functions)
- Fulfillment of merchandise or other club orders
- Sending you CLTC news via email
- Sending you details of CLTC events (sporting and social)
Training and competition entry
- Share data with CLTC club coaches or officials to administer team training sessions and club tournaments
- Share email and phone number with your tournament opponent(s) for you to arrange your matches
- Share data with CLTC team managers to enter local leagues and events
- Share data with LTA leagues, LTA county associations and other competition providers for events you have agreed to enter
Funding and reporting purposes
- Anonymised data shared with a funding partner as condition of grant funding e.g. Local Authority, LTA, British Tennis, Sport England, National Lottery Sports Funding, etc.
- Anonymised data to monitor club trends
Our current policy is not share any personal data with third parties other than outlined in the purposes above which are directly related to your membership and participation in tennis events, so we have therefore not collected consent to share personal data from the wider membership. Your personal data will not be shared with any other third party without your explicit consent.
Where we wish to use your image during the attendance or participation in club events for the purposes of promoting the club on the club website, social media, the internet or traditional news outlets, we will seek explicit consent which can be removed by contacting the club officials listed below.
Your personal data will be not be retained if you do not renew your annual membership.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, e.g. if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it. You can also withdraw your consent, where this is the basis for our processing your data (without affecting the lawfulness of our previous processing based on consent).
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
Contact and complaints
By email: email@example.com
By telephone: Peter 0208 343 1755 / 0208 346 2856
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal data, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner. You can find out more about your rights under applicable data protection laws from the Information Commissioner’s Office website: www.ico.org.uk.
25 May 2018